Sunday, October 19, 2008

Outside Reading Post # 5

I really wanted to make cookies, so I found this cookbook called "Most Loved Cookies". I was flipping through the pages to find a cookie recipe I might like and stopped when I saw a picture of chocolate cookies with the words "for chocolate fans!". They looked really good and really easy to make. Just butter, sugar, an egg, baking chocolate, milk, vanilla, flour, baking soda and salt. But then I started reading the directions and it looked a little more complicated. You had to heat the chocolate and mix in the butter, and it wasn't normal milk you were supose to add, it was actually sour milk. On the side there was another recipe how to make the sour milk. So I decided not to make those cookies and maybe reconsider it another day when I had a few hours to spare and REALLY wanted chocolate cookies.

1 comment:

Ms. Roehl said...

Reading recipes. Great idea!