Sunday, October 5, 2008

Outside Reading Post # 1

I just started reading New Moon, Stephanie Meyer's second book in the Twilight series. I really enjoyed Twilight so i thought I'd give New Moon a shot. Even though I've only read the first two chapters, I know I'm going to like it. The book starts off with Bella's 18th birthday. She doesn't want to make a big deal about it. Edward's family gets pretty excited about it, but you can't blame them. It's the first birthday they've been able to celebrate since 1935. They throw a birthday party at the Cullen's. They are very excited for Bella. The place is over decorated with roses and a pink birthday cake. They open presents and everything is going smoothly when suddenly Bella slices her finger on a piece of tape. The last place you'd want to be with a bleeding finger is a room full of vampires.

1 comment:

Madeleine said...

What you JUST started reading that? Well, you are in for some suprises. I liked how you gave some specific details about the party, it gave me an idea of what it looked like. I also really enjoyed that bit at the end where you say that the last place you want to be with a bleeding finger is in a room of vampires. That made me laugh. I hope you are enjoying the book!